International Exhibition of Technologies for the Food Industry
FoodTech Barcelona is set to showcase the latest food industry solutions and innovations, focusing on all aspects of food production from ingredients to the manufacturing process, including packaging and arrival at the point of sale.
FoodTech Barcelona is the new name for a trade show that has built up a sound, prestigious track record since its creation in 1984 as BTA (Barcelona Tecnologías de la Alimentación), and it now aims to reaffirm itself as a reference point for the food equipment and technology industry.
The three exhibitions making up FoodTech Barcelona, each showcasing a different sector, will all have a more extensive offer than before:
- Tecno Cárnica will display different solutions ranging from technology and equipment for abattoirs and cutting plants to finished product presentation, including industrial cooling processes and hygiene and safety systems.
- The Food Technology area will feature the latest innovations in technology systems for improving food manufacturing processes, taking into account aspects such as traceability, quality control systems, safety, environmental protection and industrial cooling.
- TecnoIngredientes will host state-of-the-art developments in additives, flavouring, food enrichers and intermediate products.
FoodTech Barcelona will also feature:
machinery and technology for the dairy, canning, cooling and industrial cleaning industries, waste processing, logistics processes and environmental solutions for the food industry
Equipment, technology and machinery for the bakery and confectionery sectors will also be on show, and these two sectors account for almost 20% of visitors to the exhibition. In the last few years, the bakery and confectionery markets have undergone major changes to adapt to the evolving tastes of consumers, who increasingly seek healthy products with special characteristics: free from hydrogenated fats, sugar-free, low-salt, gluten-free, high-fibre, etc.
- Around 600 different brands at FoodTech Barcelona
- Over 38,000 professionals are expected to attend
- Around 1,000 business meetings between exhibitors and visitors
- 25% of the exhibitor companies and 10% of the visiting professionals to be from countries other than Spain
- Business meetings between researchers and companies, with a view to encouraging technology transfer and research in the sector
- the Innova and Emprende awards to encourage entrepreneurship among industry professionals
- Innovation Meeting Point activity area will host a series of conferences